The Luna Tourist

So, first things first, this is a blog about me touring the world in the eyes of a young tourist. The name of this blog doesn't necessarily mean that I only travel at night because that would be stupid. Anyway, lets get down to business. I will try (and probably fail) to write everyday but DO NOT count on it (though I doubt anyone will come to my blog everyday but it's nice to have hopes). Enjoy and live through my strange, but amazing adventures.

Sunday 7 August 2011

August 4,5, and 6, 2011 Barnes and Noble, Colorado Rockies Game, Long Bike Rides, Pink Lemonade, and a Colleague's Party Thing

Okay, as you may have guessed, this blog post will most likely be long but I'll soften the blow by putting many pictures. Then again, you can always skip around and then post a comment saying that you survived the long post. Please enjoy this picture before moving on to the next few paragraphs.
Now, lets move into the LONG PASSAGE/POST!
On Thursday, our day was pretty plain and the only highlight was spending about an hour and a half in Barnes and Noble. What an exciting day...
Later on Friday, we drove to Denver, Colorado (an hour drive) to see a (Colorado) Rockies' Baseball. This game (and yes, we've been to a Rockies' game before) was against Washington Nationals. If you have no interest in baseball, skip this passage but I don't recommend it. Anyways, in the first inning the National's got 2 runs. The next inning, the Rockies' pitcher got hit in the face/neck and was out for the rest of the game. Third inning, the National's got ANOTHER run and another run in the fourth inning. In the fifth or sixth inning, the Rockies' actually got three runs and had a chance to catch up! But then, the National's scored a run in one of the last three innings and won the game. Not that I'm disappointed... I mean, I'm not a baseball fan so who won doesn't really affect me.
The day after that/yesterday, we woke up around 10:00am and then left an hour later for a rather long bike ride. We biked all the way to Pearl Street (which is about 5 miles one way) and I was so tired after that. What didn't make the bike ride any easier is the constant uphill er, hills that took forever to cross. After quite a few refreshments (lunch and Maiberry), we biked back. This ride seemed much shorter but seemed harder. Since I was pretty tired from the ride TO Pearl Street so I just walked up most of the hills.
In the middle of our ride back, we stopped and bought a few glasses of pink lemonade from this lemonade stand. So yeah, that's all I have to say about the stand.

One returned, we showered, got dressed, and then drove to Whole Food's to buy a cake. Next, we drove to my dad's colleague's party. We were given good food and then we took the other two kids at the party (Erin, 10, and Sarah, 6) to the playground across the street. We returned to the house and ran to the playground multiple times because there wasn't really much to do in the house. Soon, they had to leave so my brother and I just sat around, waiting to leave.

See, that wasn't so bad. By the way, do you see the word "reaction" that's underneath the word "labels"? Please click the box to the right of the word that you think this post is.

2 comments:

  1. No more blogs? I am missing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm still doing blogs. I'm just going to skip some days since we don't really do anything those days. :)

    ReplyDelete