The Luna Tourist

So, first things first, this is a blog about me touring the world in the eyes of a young tourist. The name of this blog doesn't necessarily mean that I only travel at night because that would be stupid. Anyway, lets get down to business. I will try (and probably fail) to write everyday but DO NOT count on it (though I doubt anyone will come to my blog everyday but it's nice to have hopes). Enjoy and live through my strange, but amazing adventures.

Sunday 14 August 2011

August 13, 2011 Bike Rides and Ikea

Okay, the main highlights for today/yesterday is that:
1)my family and I biked to Pearl Street again and
2)we drove to Ikea

So, we woke up around 9:30am or so and were rushed out of the house by 10:00am to go on a bike ride. Since someone decided that the way there was too difficult (yeah, I agree), we decided to go on a different route that is less scenic but easier. Once we arrived at Pearl Street, we did our usual routine of walking through the farmer's market and tasting some of the delicious foods. When we were walking around the market, my dad noticed this sign that said that they would be having a cooking demo for ratatouille at 11:00am which meant that it was about to start.
The demo was pretty interesting and they did give out free samples so I liked it. The food itself seemed more like a vegetable stir-fry than a ratatouille but it was still good..... After that, we followed our regular routine and walked over to Maiberry for a smoothie and some lemonade from Starbucks. Soon after, we passed by this asian festival where we bought this mochi from this restaurant called Smooch. Strange name...

We then biked back home and after two hours or so, we drove to Denver to visit Ikea. For you guys who don't know what Ikea is, it is Swedish furniture store that sells amazingly modern items. So, before we looked around, we immediately raced to the food court that serves THE BEST food. My dad and I shared this salmon dish and these spinach and cheese crepes (which was much better than last weeks), my mom ate a plate of swedish meatballs and a salad, and my brother ate a caesar salad and a plate of mac and cheese. Hmm, a great lunch.
We finished looking at most of the furniture displays and then headed straight to the market where we bought some blueberry juice (my favorite) and this sparkling apple drink.

The blueberry drink wasn't as sweet as it was in Norway unfortunately but it was good enough... So, that was basically our day. Enjoy this picture of blueberries.


No comments:

Post a Comment